If you're thinking about starting your own business, our guide is packed with tips and practical advice to help you discover your business potential.
Each year in Ireland, more than 30,000 people start a business of their own.
Some are natural-born entrepreneurs with a fantastic idea they turn into a successful new venture. Many want to earn more money or be their own boss. Some seek greater flexibility or a more favourable work-life balance. Many simply have no alternative, perhaps after losing their job.
Starting up a business can provide you with a more rewarding life, but there are no guarantees. The start-up survival rate remains low.
However, the good news is many new businesses do survive and if you take care of key start-up tasks properly and in the right sequence, you can get your new venture off to a great start.
Our guide covers all the topics you need to start your business, including:
- Deciding when to launch your new business
- Boosting your start-up knowledge
- Deciding who you'll sell to — and how
- How to analyse your competitors
- Creating a brand
- Writing your business plan
- Registering your business
- Managing your business finances