Competition terms and conditions
Last updated: 4 March 2013
These terms and conditions refer to competitions brought to you by Sage (UK) Limited, whose registered office is at North Park, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 9AA ("Sage", "we", "us", "our"). These terms and conditions should be read alongside, and are in addition to any specific terms which we have included in any promotion or message about that competition, for example by email, in any of our marketing material or online ("promotional material").
If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any promotional information, the promotional information will prevail to the extent of such inconsistency. By entering a competition, you indicate your acceptance of the following terms:
- You must be aged 18 or older to enter our competition and resident in the UK, unless otherwise stated in the promotional material. Employees of Sage (UK) Limited, or any organisation professionally involved in this competition, or their close relatives, are not eligible to enter.
- Unless otherwise stated, we will only accept one entry into a competition per organisation, and the prize will be awarded to the business/organisation, not the individual making the submission. The winner is advised to check and is responsible for any tax implications which may arise as a result accepting a prize. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- Deadlines for entry into our competition are stated in the accompanying promotional material and, unless we state otherwise, the winner(s) will be selected in the week following the closing date. We will notify the winner(s) as soon as we can after the selection has taken place. We do not accept responsibility for entries which fail to reach us before the closing date for any reason, are incomplete, illegible or corrupted.
- The prize(s) will also be stated in the accompanying promotional material. In the unlikely event that we have difficulties in acquiring the advertised prize(s), we have the right to substitute the prize(s) with alternative(s) provided that any substitutions shall be of equal or greater value. We won’t offer a cash alternative. If you are a lucky winner, you cannot request an alternative prize or a cash alternative. If the prize is unclaimed after one month it will be deemed to have been forfeited and we reserve the right to award the prize to the next selected entry.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to co-operate with us for publicity purposes free of charge, which may include the publication (including on the internet) of your name, the name of the organisation you work for and your photograph in the announcement of the result.
- We need to know that all elements of your entry are your own independent work, and that you have not copied anyone else’s work, otherwise we won’t be able to use it, so by submitting your entry, you confirm that this is the case.
- We want to make sure that we can use your entry as wide as possible (including making the entries available to the general public via the internet), so when you enter this competition, you agree that all intellectual property rights in your entry will belong to us and that at our request (and of course at our expense), you will sign any documents and take any other action which we think necessary to transfer the intellectual property rights to us. Intellectual property rights are the rights an owner has to say how certain things, like music, films and software may be used. You also waive any personal rights you may have in your entry - personal rights are the rights personal to the creator of a work which cannot be bought, sold or transferred. You agree that we may decide at our discretion how the material you submit may be used from time to time. Of course, we are not obliged to publish, or otherwise make available, any element of your entry.
- We reserve the right to change these rules at any time and our decision on all matters relating to our competitions is final.
- Although we will try our best to make sure that competitions run smoothly, we reserve the right to cancel a competition at any time if relevant circumstances arise outside our control. We shall not be liable to you should you suffer any loss or damage by entering a competition, or any failure or inability by you to enter the competition for any reason, provided that nothing in these rules shall exclude or limit our liability in respect of personal injury or death caused by our negligence, or for fraud.
- These rules are governed by English law and by entering this competition you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.